CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 17, 2006

Painting and Things

This is my slab built pot, sorry that it is not in better focus, I had to use a camera phone.
My painting...the explanation of this is down below, but I must warn you it is not as eloquently put as Amber's blog. You'll understand.
My, as promised, sgraffito piece.

After working on my journal project, and reading Amber's blog, I have been self-reflecting a lot lately. I have been thinking of people that have influenced me, and those that, like Amber said, are tattooed on our hearts forever. I also today, while working on my retro platter, realized something unknown to me until that moment. I know that this will sound stupid, but I realized that when I am creating art, (even if it is not that good) I am at peace. Art for me has always been a way to release my emotions. When I am really upset, or depressed, I draw. At 14, after my first broken heart, my dad took me to Max and bought me my first ever canvas. So today, I decided to paint. I started out painting a landscape. I love landscapes, even if it is not the contemporary way to paint right now. Then, I started thinking about my "tattoos"; old boyfriends, old friends, and my own inner termoil, and sadness. Then I painted this painting. I know it looks easy, but it full of raw emotion for me, and I was so intensly painting, that I almost started to cry. I feel like I have crossed over this unsaid line, where I have found meaning and passion in something I do.

3 comments:

Amber Irvine

It is a beautiful painting and more beautiful because of the intense emotion that created it. Good job! You have officially become an art-teest!

KyleeandMichael

I really like your painting. I deffinitly can tell the emotion behind it. That was the first thing that I thought actually, when I saw it, even before you said anything about it. I really like that you are so artistic and always are doing something. I wish that I had the motivation to do art all the time. But I don't. And also, mines really not that good. Glad to see yours is.

BrookandDBeckham

I really like the painting. You have a talent that most of us dont, especially me. What a cool thing to be able to put your emotions into a picture, pottery, whatever and then share that with others. Very cool!!