CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Pictures!

Here is a close up of a picture I painted. This picture is really small, and I am sorry to say is getting painted over, for another project. But I love it.
Here I am hanging with Ella and Kreshie on Sunday. Kreshie came to town for a doctor's appointment, and it was Kylene's birthday on Sunday. Happy Birthday Kylene.
Some of us were having more fun then others.....
My boss at work gave me some furniture. A whole bedroom set, it doesn't match my bed, so Ryan and I (mostly Ryan) have been sanding and staining it. We have the armoire done, the dresser stained, and only have 2 night stands left. I didn't take a before picture of the armoire, so you will have to use your imaginations, but here is a the dresser before< (if you look really hard you can see Ryan in the background) and the armoire afterwards. We still need handles for the door and drawers, but I have to put then on my Christmas list since we are short on funds...

Since most of this blog, I only talk about myself, here is what Ryan is up too: He is working full time this week since we are out of school. He starts working full-time in December and then is going to take night classes. On his spare time, he is busy working on his F-14 airplane model. I was not aloud to take pictures of it until it is done. We have been kind of poor lately with the job switch, so we play games or go on bike rides together a lot, but we still have fun. Last night we cooked duck in peach marinade for Ryan's family. Then we made pineapple upside down cake with lemon sauce in the dutch oven. Apparently the coals got put in the wrong place, so it took a few hours for that to cook, but it was well worth the wait.

4 comments:

kc and k

Good work on your furniture, I'm excited that it is almost all done. Sad about your picture, but it has looked good while it lasted.

Amber Irvine

Some of your best memories will probably be times where you were forced to use your creativity because of lack of funds. It can be a blessing---not one you necessarily hope for but...you know. :)

christy

i like the painting. you shouldn't paint over it. i love art. i havn't made the time to sit down and draw or paint for several years. perhaps once the kids are all in school i will find some time to be an artist again. you should post pics of every piece you do. it's fun to see.

BrookandDBeckham

Very where's Waldo. I think that the furniture turned out really nice and I liked your painting. Dont paint over it.