
Ryan and I went to McCall over Labor Day weekend for Ryan's family get together. It is the first time in awhile that we have all been together (minus his brother Kurt). Ryan took Friday off and drove me to work. We decided it would be better if we took off from Sandy then for me to try to drive back to Lehi. We got on the road about 3:30 and made it to McCall about midnight Friday night. Saturday we got up and went to the Pancake House for breakfast. I had their cinnamon french toast, which was delicious and Ryan had a size of your plate pancake, which was literally the size of his plate, which was like a platter plate. We looked around in the store there, but when we were done we took this one lonely picture with Ryan's camera. My camera sat undisturbed on the shelf in Lehi all weekend. I was so disappointed but Ryan's sister promised to email me some pictures so I can post them later. My sister in law Lyndsay and I went to the Farmer's Market to catch up with Ryan's parents and brother and wife, but we never saw them. The Farmer's Market was mostly local food, which would be fun if we were not just there for a weekend. Then Lyndsay and I walked around to the stores downtown.
We met up with Ryan's family afterwards, and went jet skiing. It was kind of cool, and the water was really choppy. Lyndsay came back drenched and I was positive she fell in, but she said a swell went up and over her and drenched her! I only went out once with Ryan. (I was driving of course). I am a horrible steerer and there were a million people out and I am kind of scared of the choppy water, but I still had fun. That night Ryan pulled out Band Hero, and we all had a ton of fun taking turns playing instruments and singing. Even I couldn't get out of singing. Ryan's dad even tried out the drums and sang Pretty Woman.
Sunday our intentions were to go to church, but I forgot to set an alarm, and Ryan and I slept in. We went down to the beach but stayed in our car because Sunday was freezing. Sunday we spent the day around the cabin/condo we were in. I helped Elise paint her first painting, and worked on a pink horse for Ella. I hope Elise liked her end product, I thought it turned out really good. We came back to Boise on Sunday night and then drove back to Utah early this afternoon. We don't have any plans to travel in the near future, and I am excited to be able to stay home for a while. I love visiting family, but I hate driving so much!




1 comments:
Don't blame you on the driving thing. We are headed to McCall in a couple of weeks and can't be more excited to get out of town for a couple of days. It's so pretty up there.
Post a Comment