CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Honorable Mention

So, last night, after Ryan had returned from buying me more soap, I began again to tackle the task of making a carving. I worked and worked, and it was just not mounting to anything, and something in my head said to look at what I had done, and try to make something from that. I looked at it and thought, this looks like a dinosaur (this was like at 11:30 or so) so Ryan found me a picture on the internet of a dinosaur skull and that is what I made. I displayed it in a check box full of dirt and sand and titled it "The Dig". It was one of the moments in life when at a particular moment, you know that Heavenly Father is helping you out. That is how I felt last night. Then today I was given the award of Honorable Mention in a class of 60 students. (There was a grand prize, 1st and 2nd place and then 4 honorable mentions). I was so excited I informed the whole class that this was going on my blog. When I was walking home, I just was thinking that it never ceases to amaze me how much our Heavenly Father is willing to help us, especially for something as unimportant in life as a soap sculpture for a basic design class.

3 comments:

KyleeandMichael

you should take a pic so we all can see your honorable mention!

Amber Irvine

It amazes me too but thank goodness for the extra unseen helping hands. Congratulations on the honorable mention....perhaps sculpture is going to be your new hidden talent.

Tamio & Anna

"it never ceases to amaze me how much our Heavenly Father is willing to help us, especially for something as unimportant in life as a soap sculpture for a basic design class."

The thing is your soap sculpture was extremely important at that moment, to you and our Heavenly Father. Good perspective.