CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 13, 2006

New Job



Ryan is finally going to quit Dennis Dillon. After almost a decade, yes 10 years as a detailer at Dennis Dillon Ryan is saying goodbye. Amber had called me to tell me that her friend Holli's husband Russ was looking for someone to help him with his landscaping buisness (I think they install waterfountains, hence the picture). Well, Amber told me and I told Ryan and Ryan talked to Russ and the rest is history. He starts a week from Monday and he will be off of work at 5 o'clock, and I don't know what he is going to do with himself, it's been years since he has had his evenings to himself. This is a big event in our home. While the first few weeks we will be tight on a budget I feel good about this.


I went to a small, small town yesterday called Ola (about an hour from Weiser) for my education class, we taught art all day to the students. I taught an art lesson there for kindergarten through third grade. The town was basically a small church, and the school house. There was only 17 kids in the entire elementary school. I asked the kids what they do in their free time, if they had a lot of homework and such. They said they have never had homework! My kind of school. There is only two teachers, one that only stays until kindergarten is out, (she has 3 students) and the other teacher teaches 1-6th grade. It was such a fun experience. I have a new appreciation for small towns now that I am older. I also got the fun suprise of finding out we were going the through the backroads, and being unprepared had to have the driver pull over once on the way up, and once on the way back. I seem to be getting a weaker and weaker stomach. My teacher took some pictures, so if she gives me them, I will post it so everyone could see. Seriously I need a camera for christmas. I think pictures are really fun on a blog.

2 comments:

Amber Irvine

Wow! I didn't know schools that small still existed! How Little House on the Prairie...but, it sounds fun.

Congratulations Ryan on the new job. I hope that you enjoy working with Russ and that it is a positive move in your lives.

Way good job on updating the blog Caits!!!

BrookandDBeckham

Congratulations Ryan!!