CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 16, 2006

Sculptures are not my thing

For my mid-term for my basic design class, I have to make a carving out of soap. Let's just say, that Ryan has now gone to the store to get more soap, and he said he will help me carve something. I just am not good a sculpture. I am good at painting, I am ok at ceramics, (I love using the pottery wheel, but I am not so good at making pots with it) but sculpture is not my thing. I have three bars of soap completely in crumbles on our bedroom floor right now, and I am feeling very frustrated. When I took my other sculpture class, my dad said he always sucked at sculpture too, so at least that made me feel better. You can't be good at everything.

1 comments:

Amber Irvine

After all the soap boats we sculpted as kids I would think you would be a master at this! (or did Mom stop doing that by the time you came along?)

Remember the great thing about art is that it is completely up to interpretation....so no matter how your sculpture turns out you can just say you meant it to be that way! Use your artistic license! :)

Good Luck!