CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Bottle Project


Again, I wish I had pictures to show you, but I don't have a camera so I drew it in the paint program. I have been working on my bottle project for over a week and it was due today. I had one problem after another. I took drug bottles from the pharmacy and first tried to wire them together. That was to difficult. So then I tried to make windchimes, and that was too ugly. So, I hot glued them together after undoing all the wire and spraypainted them black and put holes (I had to drill 3 times because they were to small) in the bottom and put christmas lights in them. Then I had to make the box. Ryan helped. He cut the wood to cover the wire and the bottom of the bottles. We couldn't get nails to go in to hold the box together because we had partical board. So then we tried to glue it with special wood glue and clamp it, but the wood was too thin. I ended up hotgluing it. Then, the bottles were all different sizes and so only one touched the bottom of the box. We had to hotglue that. Finally, last night, I put the drug inserts around the outside of the box to cover the wood. Today we got insulation foam to but in the empty spaces in the box, and we couldn't get the foam to work. I also sprayed the inserts with a clear glaze, to glaze downt the paper where it bubbled. That did not work. I was getting so frustrated. Finally, we put a bracket on one side of the box to hang it. Then when I got it to my class, I couldn't find anything strong enough to hold up my box, so I had to just set it upright on a table and half of my lights shorted out. She spent the most time critiquing me and she was annoyed I didn't have a specific intention and complained about how it sat. I was like, my intention was to have it hanging, and to do the assignment. She is a grad student and is really annoying about an 100 level class which I don't think I should have to take.

Anyway, on other news. Ky and Kres came to make a short couple hour visit and Kres let me hold him. He smiled and laughed with me and it made my whole day.
I have also registered for my last semester of school! I am so excited. Finally, I will be done in May. Now, I am conflicted on whether to apply for grad school. (I want to get a master's in Art Therapy). The problem is, it is a three year program, and Ryan and I are trying to start a family sometime soon, so, here comes the dillema. Your last year in the program is clinical hours, and so I would not be able to stay home if we had children. On the other hand, having children has become a tremendous feat, and is very likely not to happen within the next three years. I also don't want to spend the time and money going to school if I can't finish. I guess I am going to have to really pray about the decision. Any thoughts? (I like Sam love comments).

4 comments:

kc and k

Hmmm...that is quite the dilema. I know family is most important, but hard to plan. Could you do a few classes that would go towards your graduate program, so you wouldn't be too far behind if you decided to go full-time??
Prayers are answered. Sometimes you just have to be patient (really patient).

Very creative with your picture! Ya, its 100 level--ease up, Teacher!

Amber Irvine

I think 100 level GRAD students who are teaching class have "small man's syndrome" and that is why they feel they can be so difficult and critical. BLAH! Just get through it and don't take the comments too much to heart. Remember that art is completely subjective and your intention doesn't have to match the intention of your teacher. Sounds like a class I would enjoy fighting the system where grades are put on subjective and creative assignments...I love a good debate!

As far as your future--only you know what would be the most fulfilling for you (career-wise). I would work towards that and let the rest take care of itself. You can only plan so much in life and the rest is up to God. It is the unpredictableness of life that makes it crazy and fun. Enjoy not knowing what the future holds---you will probably be pleasantly surprised at how much more is awaiting you if you are open to receiving it.

Tamio & Anna

What you need to remember is that while you may be waiting and eagerly anticipating children you would be doing no harm in learning and continuing education. The money and time is a factor if it creates an added stress, but investing in a education is only a disappointment if you don't learn anything. Thank goodness we know that Someone knows the answer :)

BrookandDBeckham

Love the picture!!